Monday, December 22, 2014

Rebuilding my Cash Reserve

Hi everyone,

Corporate Bonds and Preference Shares is a quieter blog as there are not much new movements and the statistics does not change much. Just to share with you some updates on my Cash Reserve.

I have placed $20,000 as cash reserves (saving up Dec salary plus bonuses of mine and my wife) and we have placed it in OCBC 360 Account which gives us 3.05% at this point. Not the best option in terms of yield but the best in terms of liquidity because I don't have to sell bonds or preference shares to get back my cash.

Thus this is the portfolio that I currently have. I intend to continue to build this portfolio so that I have enough cash reserve to tide over any emergency.

Cash Reserve = $20,000
Interest = $610 per year ($50.83 per month)

No comments:

Post a Comment